Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Are those bird kabobs safe?

Maryanne

Cavy Slave
Recently I got my peegs a wire ball with a bell on the bottom that I can stuff full of their leafy greens. They love to jingle the bell and I like how the food stays clear of the floor (my one piggy sometimes pees on the food since they scatter it.) They do have a jingly cat ball they like to push around, a cozy (actually a ski cap, but they don't care :D ), a pigloo. Since they like the jingly toys, I thought one of those bird cabobs with wooden blocks, knotted rope and a bell on the end would be fun. Then after seeing them play with it, I am starting to have second thoughts...

They keep chewing on the strings of the rope (it gets covered in parsley spit lol). Is there a danger of them swallowing the strings they bite off and having intestional problems?

They love the toy, but if this might be an issue, then they are going to have to say goodbye to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

vicky2

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't take a chance with string. Could try to find a bird toy where they wouldn't have access to string like this one?:
(broken link removed)
or this one:
(broken link removed)

Maryanne

Cavy Slave
Hmm okay as long as someone else had the same thoughts.

I was yelled at when I took it out, so at least I know they would enjoy one :)

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.