Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Anybody have a 4x6?

DCANB

Cavy Slave
Hi, longtime lurker here! I currently have a 2x6 with 3 males living pretty happily together. One is just over a year old and then I have 2 younger ones; 8 months and 6 months. So far, I have no reason to believe they will not keep on cohabiting nicely, they rarely have issues and seem to all communicate well between the 3 of them. So fingers crossed!

Recently I started noticing that the younger two have become more full sized and while they're not necessarily having issues, I feel like they're going to bump heads more with only being 2 grids wide.

I'm pretty sure I want to purchase another 2x6 base from the guinea pig cages store and tape the two together to make a 4x6. Currently mine is on a stand so it will have to move to the floor to make cleaning feasible.

I was just wondering if anyone has a similar cage size and how have you been liking it? I'm mostly concerned about cleaning but I'm hopeful I could figure it out. I know I'll love it of the space for the piggies but wanted to get more info before I pull the plug.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have one. You have to climb in to clean it but they love it. It also has a 2×4 loft where most of the hay is kept.

Thank you!

Follow up question - does anyone have a bigger cage with wood pellets? That's what I'm using now and would like to continue using them.

Mine was made with closet shelving, not grids, but was 16+ square feet, and I used wood pellets for years. Got by about 10 months without changing them, and only had to change them then because I had to move the bed upstairs and it was too heavy to do with the pellets in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.