Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Anybody have a 4x6?

DCANB

Cavy Slave
Hi, longtime lurker here! I currently have a 2x6 with 3 males living pretty happily together. One is just over a year old and then I have 2 younger ones; 8 months and 6 months. So far, I have no reason to believe they will not keep on cohabiting nicely, they rarely have issues and seem to all communicate well between the 3 of them. So fingers crossed!

Recently I started noticing that the younger two have become more full sized and while they're not necessarily having issues, I feel like they're going to bump heads more with only being 2 grids wide.

I'm pretty sure I want to purchase another 2x6 base from the guinea pig cages store and tape the two together to make a 4x6. Currently mine is on a stand so it will have to move to the floor to make cleaning feasible.

I was just wondering if anyone has a similar cage size and how have you been liking it? I'm mostly concerned about cleaning but I'm hopeful I could figure it out. I know I'll love it of the space for the piggies but wanted to get more info before I pull the plug.

Thank you!

Last edited:

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I have one. You have to climb in to clean it but they love it. It also has a 2×4 loft where most of the hay is kept.

DCANB

Cavy Slave
Thank you!

Follow up question - does anyone have a bigger cage with wood pellets? That's what I'm using now and would like to continue using them.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Mine was made with closet shelving, not grids, but was 16+ square feet, and I used wood pellets for years. Got by about 10 months without changing them, and only had to change them then because I had to move the bed upstairs and it was too heavy to do with the pellets in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.