Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece 2x6 liner or 2 2x3s?

PopcornPumpkin

Cavy Slave
Hi guys!
im making a liner for my 2x6 cage. Should I do 2x3s or just a big 2x6? I?ve never washed a 2x6 and have a regular washing machine. I?m layering different sized pads now and it?s kind of a pain, I thought it would be easier with a big one. Any personal experience would be appreciated.
Cage is for two girls with a Midwest connected to the end as a dinning area. Midwest liners are already done. Thanks!

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Hi I have a 2x5 liner but with extra fabric around the sides so it is close to a 2x6. Unless you take it outside it can make a mess brushing off but I have no issues washing it by itself. I do like having the one big size so now poop fall through. Although if you have two sections then if one side is dirty you can keep the other half in.

If you have multiple pads layered together, having two big ones will still be easier I think. In my temporary 2x3.5 cage I have a 2x2 loft liner I overlap under a fleece flipper and it doesn't make cleaning any more difficult, but it is also a smaller scale.

You could always try the two separate liners then if you hate it combine them together. Also do you have a coroplast kitchen area? If so you don't need the liner underneath ( I just put a small piece of uhaul fabric underneath the box) and can make it a 2x5 which is a bit more manageable.

Good luck to you!

PopcornPumpkin

Cavy Slave
THanks, I think I may try the big one! I use the Midwest as a complete kitchen area, with puppy pads. Mine never chew so it works wonderfully. It keeps the main cage so much cleaner! I’m hoping with the large liner with double uhaul it will really help with easier cleanups. Thanks for the advice!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
You should have no problem with a 2x6. In one wash load, I have a 2x5, 2x2, cozies, extra pads, incontinence pads/liners, and piggy towels.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.