Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece liner

bambi&flower

Cavy Gazer
Hi! I have 2 Guinea pigs Bambi and flower almost 2 years old. I recently decided to switch to liners instead of bedding as it would be more cost effective and better for the environment. I bought fleece the other day but should I just put puppy pee pads underneath to absorb or should I sew towels or some sort of absorbing thing to the bottom of the fleece? Im not very good at sewing so im a little lost😅

What I do is just put some pee pads underneath the fleece with a U-Haul blanket in between both. I use a washable pee pad but disposable liners would probably work too. Hope this can help! :)

You don't have to sew anything necessarily. My coworker makes fleece for her pigs, but she lays down fleece on the bottom, then lays down a uhaul liner, and fleece on top. Everything is loose. Idk how she handles it. If you're making your own, I would do uhaul liners. You can always find/pay someone to sew it all together.

If you're doing JUST fleece and want something put under it, in my experience it will get wet fast. I have a single, 2x4 fleece layer that I will put washable pee pads and disposable pads underneath. It's a back up in case everything else is dirty. Something to consider.

Hi! I have 2 Guinea pigs Bambi and flower almost 2 years old. I recently decided to switch to liners instead of bedding as it would be more cost effective and better for the environment. I bought fleece the other day but should I just put puppy pee pads underneath to absorb or should I sew towels or some sort of absorbing thing to the bottom of the fleece? Im not very good at sewing so im a little lost😅
Sounds like you could benefit from watching a how to fleece for piggies on YouTube!✌🏼

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.