Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy 1 year guinea pig anniversary!

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Today is the day I got Marybell last year!

I had gone into petco to buy food for my 3 piggies, Guinness, Spuds and Mable, when I saw they had 2 piggies up for adoption; a little gray agouti and a long haired Abyssinian. I inquired about them both and an employee said they were both female and checked for me. I held them both and decided to think it over. Spuds was neutered and living happily with Mable, so I thought adding 2 more girls into the mix would be a good idea. I came back a few days later and said I wanted to adopt both of the female piggies upfront. I asked if there was a reason they weren't together and the lady looked at me funny and said the Abyssinian was a male. Guinness is aggressive with other males, but I was still considering taking the male until the employee started telling me the gray agouti's story.

She had been brought in in a gerbil cage along with another guinea pig, and her cagemate had been adopted off separately. I saw her nails had grown so long they were curled under her feet from neglect. She needed me. I adopted just her right then and on the way home I began thinking of a name for her. I was drawing a blank until I thought of Ned's Declassified on Nickelodeon. A one time charector was named Marybell; it was perfect for her! With the little white spot above her ear, it almost looked like she had a daisy there, so I named her Marybell Daisy.

I didn't know about quarantine at that time, so I introduced her to Spuds and Mable when we got home, and it seemed to go okay until I put Marybell in the cage with them. They started fighting, so I separated them and after a week of re-introductions and a buddy bath, it still didn't work out with them as a trio. I couldn't give Marybell back to petco, so I kept her and in September, we had Guinness neutered; not only for Marybell but also we had a pregnancy scare with him and Mable.

When Guinness' healing time was up, we introduced him to Marybell, but it was not meant to be. She ended up splitting his ear open. She has since been an only piggy. She's a very affectionate, sweet girl and we love her very much! :love:

1 year guinea pig anniversary!

Happy Anniversary! Here's to much more time of happiness together!

It's having some issues, but it should start working in a little bit

Happy anniversary! Very nice guinea pig. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.