Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Paralyzed hind legs, can I give her TriFlex liquid?

Rinkaoru

Cavy Slave
about 3 weeks ago I bought two baby guinea pigs from a farmer. the smaller one, Pumkin has developed a problem with her back legs. she drags herself with her front arms. also has a hard time going potty :/ my grandma went to the health food store the other day to get liquid vitamin C for her,the lady at the counter told her she owns 2 piggies at home and to give them "Triflex liquid" I'm afraid it would hurt her. I'm thinking about taking her to the vet tomorrow. but I need advice. the triflex has Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM in it. (if that helps)

pinky

Cavy Slave
It could be scurvy or paralysis due to a fall or injury. Since you're thinking of taking her to the vet tomorrow, I'd wait to see what the vet says. I think the vet will probably xray her to see whether she has any injuries or mottled bones. It sounds serious so I'd definitely take her in tomorrow and not wait.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't give her the Triflex. Liquid vitamin C is fine. But I'd definitely take her to the vet.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Ditto. She needs to see the vet, but you need to make sure it's a cavy knowledgeable one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.