Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Guinea pig passed, noticed little bugs on her an hour later

cyberbunnie

Cavy Slave
Hello, first time user so I hope this is the right forum apologies if not. My Guinea pig died today, came home from work and and she had to have gone about an hour and a half before I got home as she was still a bit warm. I decided to put her in the freezer and call the vet hospital in the morning to ask about cremation price. I did take her back out to get her feet prints. I pet her a couple times before putting her back that’s when I noticed the crumb like feeling was actually little bugs. I did not notice them on her when I got home and touched her. Also checked other piggie and didn’t see anything on her or between her fur and changed bedding and cleaned the cage. Had also cut passed pigs nails 2 days ago and there was nothing on her. Saw mites can’t be seen with the naked eye but it could be lice. Is it possible for them to appear after a pig dies? Is there anything else I can do to make sure the other doesn’t get anything?

Attachments

419C55FF-17C4-4561-B3E7-F8F4FBDF974A.jpeg B4FA5497-0360-4E06-9BB7-D9D88F4F8942.jpeg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.