Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Paralyzed hind legs, can I give her TriFlex liquid?

Rinkaoru

Cavy Slave
about 3 weeks ago I bought two baby guinea pigs from a farmer. the smaller one, Pumkin has developed a problem with her back legs. she drags herself with her front arms. also has a hard time going potty :/ my grandma went to the health food store the other day to get liquid vitamin C for her,the lady at the counter told her she owns 2 piggies at home and to give them "Triflex liquid" I'm afraid it would hurt her. I'm thinking about taking her to the vet tomorrow. but I need advice. the triflex has Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM in it. (if that helps)

It could be scurvy or paralysis due to a fall or injury. Since you're thinking of taking her to the vet tomorrow, I'd wait to see what the vet says. I think the vet will probably xray her to see whether she has any injuries or mottled bones. It sounds serious so I'd definitely take her in tomorrow and not wait.

I wouldn't give her the Triflex. Liquid vitamin C is fine. But I'd definitely take her to the vet.

Ditto. She needs to see the vet, but you need to make sure it's a cavy knowledgeable one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.