Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference Instructions: How to make a Corner Hammock

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
My pigs LOVE these hammocks!! They are so fun!

STEP 1:

Cut a 19 in. square of fleece. Cut it in half diagonally to make 2 triangles.

STEP 2: Sew the 2 triangles together (rights sides together) leaving a space to turn it inside out. Turn it inside out and sew all the way around the triangle. You should have one triangle now with the dimensions above.

STEP 3: Sew two little strips of fleece to each corner as ties.

STEP 4 (optional): Sew 2 (6in. x 26in.) rectangles together (right sides together, leave a space to turn it inside out.) Turn it inside out and sew all the way around the rectangle.

STEP 5 (optional): Sew the rectangle on the hammock to make a hidey flap as shown below.

STEP 6: Put it in your cage and watch your pigs explore on it! =)

**I hang mine 7.5 inches from the ground, and it works perfectly!**

(UK PIG LOVERS: A company called "Piggy Palace" sells these on eBay:index I've heard they do a GREAT job!)

You can send a private message to me if you have any questions!

I love this. I wonder if I could use the stitch witchery instead of sewing? I don't have a machine.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This was the only thing I really didn't have for my cage and I was going to buy one online but now I can make one! Thanks so much!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This was the only thing I really didn't have for my cage and I was going to buy one online but now I can make one! Thanks so much!

You're welcome - glad I could help!

I love this. I wonder if I could use the stitch witchery instead of sewing? I don't have a machine.

I'm not exactly sure what "stitch witchery" is, but if you are a good hand sewer, this is a fairly simple project!

Oooh! Can't wait to make this for my pigs cage - lately, I've been trying out different hideys, but no success with any. Hopefully this works out! Thanks a bunch!

Came across this post yesterday, and made the hammock today! Excactly what my pigs needed! Thanks a bunch

I have made these for my rats, but not my GPs yet. I really like the extra rectangle, creates a hidey under there! Good idea, I'm going to have to try this.

This is great! Thanks! I was using one of my ferrets extra large hammocks for the pigs but it is the kind that hangs from bars above. I recently redid the cage to an open cage. This is a perfect way to give them back a hammy. Levi really loved his hammy. :)

Instructions: How to make a Corner Hammock

thankyou so much for the instructions: spoilt pigs love it!

What a cute picture, the pig looks super comfy! Glad they love it!

Thanks for this AWESOME tutorial! The diagrams were really helpful and I can't wait to make mine for my girls~

What a great idea! I will have to give it a try.

(UK PIG LOVERS: A company called "Piggy Palace" sells these on eBay:index I've heard they do a GREAT job!)

does anyone know if Piggy Palace is still up and running? their ebay store doesn't have anything listed - the websites says they are re-stocking but they have not responede to multiple e-mails. I think their stuff is adorable and want to order but not if they're not responding :sad:

does anyone know if Piggy Palace is still up and running? their ebay store doesn't have anything listed - the websites says they are re-stocking but they have not responede to multiple e-mails. I think their stuff is adorable and want to order but not if they're not responding

Sorry, I just noticed this. Yes, Piggy Palace is still up and running! I've heard they now take commissions and will make a unique design at your request. Fairy over at Guinea Lynx had THIS four-poster bed made! Here's the link to Piggy Palace: index

Thanks - turns out she was trying to respond to my email - and my aco**** was eating the emails. we did connect and 've got an order in with her now. CAn't waut to see/get it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.