Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puberty Boar did something odd during cleaning, is this normal?

guineapigtoes

Cavy Slave
I think I just saw my boar do a normal bodily function, but I want to double check and make sure it’s nothing to be worried about. As a warning, this involves boar privates!

One of my boars, about a year and half old, was snorting as he was cleaning himself earlier. They do that every now and then when they’re reaching for their butt or genitals, and I try to help them out when I notice after one of my other boars had dry buildup on his privates that he wouldn’t have been able to clean on his own.

So I picked up my boar and expressed his genitals to clean with a napkin. Then his genitals flared at the tip and swelled up a few times. I’ve never seen that and was worried I had hurt him, but when I put him back on his feet, his genitals returned to a normal size and shape and retracted, and then he was acting normally.

He’s in his cage munching at hay, but I want to double check to make sure that was regular boar business and nothing to be concerned about. I haven’t checked his privates again in case it was indeed just my boar being a boar and I just made the poor guy uncomfortable...

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I expect he was treating himself to a good time and you interrupted him. It's perfectly normal. Just be glad he didn't get boar glue on his nose.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.