Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur Fur looks odd

tall

Cavy Gazer
Just added a new rescued girl to live with my other pigs(The ginger pig in the picture). The ginger ones fur looks a little odd. Kind of clumpy. The ginger is a has clumpy fur. And just not as shiny as the others. She also has four nipples. All my other pugs have two.

Attachments

IMG_4179.JPG
You might try giving her a bath and see if that helps the fur.

You might try giving her a bath and see if that helps the fur.
A bath could help, but make sure you use animal shampoo specified for guinea pigs/small animals. Do not use Dawn dish soap or baby shampoo, it will be too harsh on her skin. It is also important make sure she is completely dry before putting her back in her enclosure. If she is not dried before you put her back, she can catch a cold and get sick very quickly.

I washed her just with water and dried her with a towel by a heater before she went out again. She looks much much better.

I also think that a bath can help, it must also influence where she lived before (as you say you rescued her) she was not receiving enough nutrients for her fur to be like those of your others pigs

It's possible she's just rough looking from how she was treated by her past owner. I've had some animal shelter pigs who were really bad looking due their previous owners, but they started looking/feeling better after proper care.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.