Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior I need Advice about Guinea Pig Behavior!

Qwertage

Cavy Slave
I had recently gotten a female guinea pig to add to my female pair. She is still in quarantine BTW. A Little back story first - I took her to the vet because I noticed she was squinting one of her eyes. The vet said she had a cornea ulcer, So I've been giving her eye drops 3 times a day and pain medication. My guinea pig has been in quarantine for almost 2 weeks now. She has been behaving strange to me? She lays in her house usually all day. Comes out for pellets and water, she picks at veggies and picks at her hay but doesn't go crazy for hay or veggies like the other two. I will leave veggies in her cage and it will still be there hours later. She doesn't really eat her hay, she picks at it . I'm wondering if she is okay?? Is it just because her eye is hurting or is it something more serious? Is she getting lonely? I need advice! Thank you!:sad:

how long has she been with you?

Just about 2 weeks now.

she might still be getting used to her surroundings too, i know when i got waffles she did the same thing and then once she became more comfortable around me in my room now shes all over the place. but it could also help if you put the cages near each other if you feel that she might be getting lonely that way they can sense one another but you can still keep the quarantine as long as necessary. but that's just my opinion. But if you feel that she is getting worse in condition then i would say take her back to the vets and see what their professional opinion is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.