Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introduction of new member Daisy_67

Daisy_67

Cavy Gazer
Hi, My name is An. I got my first guinea pig named Daisy in 1967. She was a very sweet and gentle piggy. Her former owners got tired of her. They kept her in a very tiny cage, feeding her only pellets. She was only a short period with me . She had cancer, advanced stage.
Now after keeping many other pets(all rescues) I would like to get 2 piggies from a nearby shelter. Guinea pigs should not be kept alone.
I am very happy to be part of this forum.

Daisy_67

Cavy Gazer
Thank you very much for the welcome and the recommended readings.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, Daisy_67!

I love that you've used your original piggies name as your user name. Beautiful tribute to your past girl.

Daisy_67

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum, Daisy_67!

I love that you've used your original piggies name as your user name. Beautiful tribute to your past girl.

Thank you very much for welcoming me. It is a long time ago but I never forgot her. She was very sweet and gentle.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Thank you very much for welcoming me. It is a long time ago but I never forgot her. She was very sweet and gentle.

I know exactly what you mean, about never forgetting. I had a guinea pig as a child, during the 1970's. I have two other siblings, and we all had one each. I realize now that they were all female, of course. But as a young boy I knew nothing of the difference between boars and sows, and I had a brown pig that I named GP after the guinea pig in the TV show Hammy Hamster (also known as Tales of the Riverbank).

Fast forward to 2011. We had one pig whose original name was long forgotten, and the nickname Pooper became his real name. We made mistakes with Pooper and we rectified those as we realized them, and one of those mistakes was that a pig shouldn't be alone.

I never forgot GP and when I went looking for a buddy for Pooper I already knew that he would be a brown pig just like GP, and that I would name him Sly.

And now, I will never forget either of them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.