Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Help! My guinea pig won't stop squeaking!

Helen07

Cavy Slave
Help! I have a guinea pig named Kuzco who I love, but he won't stop squeaking! He used to squeak a lot and he was developing bald spots, so I took him to the vet and the vet said it was stress. So, I got him a bigger cage (he went from a cage from Petsmart to a cage from this website that is 2x3 squares on the bottom and also has a second story) I started feeding him fresh vegetables almost every day, and I got him a "friend." The friend has major dominance issues and is pretty mean to Kuzco, but he's started standing up for himself and they tolerate each other now. The thing is, Kuzco is now squeaking a hundred times MORE than he used to! He used to only squeak in the evenings, but now he is squeaking all day and even in the middle of the night. My roommates think that this is because of his friend and they want me to get rid of the friend (they know I love Kuzco too much to ever give him up) but he only squeaks when he's NOT fighting with the friend, so I don't think it's that. The only other thing I can think of is that since he has a bigger cage now, I moved his cage to a space right next to my turtle's cage and he has heat lamps that I leave on 24/7. I don't think the heat makes its way to the guinea pig cage, but maybe the light is bothering him? I don't know what to do!

lissie

Cavy Slave
Are you feeding unlimited hay? Could he be hungry?

By the way, fresh vegetables should be fed every day, preferably split into two meals.

What else are you feeding them?

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
What kind of squeaks are they, could you post a video? He could be upset like you assume, but he could also just be a talkative guy, and now that he has a friend, Kuzco has a lot to say to him!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.