Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty White Liquid - Eye Problem

ayuazami

Cavy Slave
I adopted Quinnie about 2 weeks ago, so, is it normal to have white liquid in his eye? I know usually, the white liquid is used to cleanse his eyes, but how about if only one eye that had white liquid? Is it still considered normal or what? I always look at his right eye, and wet almost all the time. Sometimes, I did put some eye drop to his eye, seems like his eye is getting better, but then, after I stopped, the white liquid appears again.

I was so worried, does his right eye have any problem or do I worry too much? I really appreciate if somebody can help me with these.

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
Could you please post a picture of what his eye looks like right now? That will really help with solving what may be wrong with it.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Has he seen a vet? Was the eye drop prescribed by a vet?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Do post a picture if you can.

But the white liquid is most likely normal. Without seeing the picture, I'd guess that he's got a blocked tear duct in one eye. You can very VERY VERY gently massage just under the corner of his eye a couple of times a day, and see if that helps.

ayuazami

Cavy Slave
I don't have a chance to capture his eye while full with that white liquid, while that time, my phone died. Currently, his eye watery, but, not all the time.
White Liquid - Eye ProblemWhite Liquid - Eye ProblemWhite Liquid - Eye Problem

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.