Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Seeking ideas for what to make with leftover coroplast - toys, hideys, etc

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave
I am the adopotion coordinator for Portland Guinea Pig rescue and i have an un-weildly amount of leftover coroplast pieces from building our own cages. Just looking for some ideas for things i can make with them such as toys, cage hideys, etc. i have all manner of leftovers from thin strips to large 3 ft + pieces. I thought maybe i could make cage items that our rescue could then sell to help raise money and to use in our foster piggy cages.
I know how to make them into storage bins, so looking for some other crafty ideas, thanks. suzy

PiggyGrandma15

Cavy Slave
Hay feeders? "Back splashes" for the kitchen areas? Canopy over kitchen areas? Base for "bunkbeds"?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rotto77

Cavy Slave
I agree with piggygrandma. Plus hiddy houses, tunnels

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
I give the bigger pieces away for people to make their own second floors etc. For the cages where my hay racks are made from a bent grid, I'll put a piece behind the hayrack to lessen the amount of hay that falls through;
I also use them on the driveway under a car if it drips oil; use them as drop-cloths when painting (although they don't absorb, so you have to be careful about tracking the paint around); as a layer between the ground and firewood so that firewood stays drier and doesn't decompose as fast; as a big drop-cloth under my son's messy parrot; etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.