Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sad Guinea Pig Stuck! PLEASE HELP

CutsieCavies

Cavy Slave
Ok, so yesterday the piggies were in thiere enclosure muching in grass. I wanted to take Punk out to cuddle her and feed her grass from my hand, and my brother came out, and scared her! She jumped out of my arms, and bolted to the neighbours fence, and slipped underneath a priviously undetected hole, JUST before I could catch her! She then slipped underneath the neighbor's shed :(

I tried gently waving a stick back and forth to get her out, but after that didn't work I tried luring her out with fresh veggies (bell peppers, her favorite) Finally I called Animal Control to see if they could do anything! They, turns out, are not alowed to go on private properties!? That night, I woke up several times in the night to go check on her.

After my mum waited 4 hours for her to come out with no avail! I tried again after school and we'll try again after dinner. I REALLY want to get Punkie out!

Please if you have any ideas, suggest them, and if you are religious, keep Punk in your prayers.

- Pig, Punk and Tasha

twotinypigs

Cavy Gazer
Ok, so yesterday the piggies were in thiere enclosure muching in grass. I wanted to take Punk out to cuddle her and feed her grass from my hand, and my brother came out, and scared her! She jumped out of my arms, and bolted to the neighbours fence, and slipped underneath a priviously undetected hole, JUST before I could catch her! She then slipped underneath the neighbor's shed :(

I tried gently waving a stick back and forth to get her out, but after that didn't work I tried luring her out with fresh veggies (bell peppers, her favorite) Finally I called Animal Control to see if they could do anything! They, turns out, are not alowed to go on private properties!? That night, I woke up several times in the night to go check on her.

After my mum waited 4 hours for her to come out with no avail! I tried again after school and we'll try again after dinner. I REALLY want to get Punkie out!

Please if you have any ideas, suggest them, and if you are religious, keep Punk in your prayers.

- Pig, Punk and Tasha
Do you have a long stick? I know it sounds mean but I usually gently poke my pig until she gets scared by it and comes out. That's what I usually do. I hope your Piggie will come out safely!

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Can you tell your neighbors that your piggy is in there, and ask them to help, if you haven't already?

Also, please make sure you check very closely when you let them out in their enclosure again. Bring your pig food so it doesn't starve. Are you sure they are still in there?

CutsieCavies

Cavy Slave
Do you have a long stick? I know it sounds mean but I usually gently poke my pig until she gets scared by it and comes out. That's what I usually do. I hope your Piggie will come out safely!

Thanks, only, she'l also cower into a corner, where we can't reach her. I also forgot to mention, I got a bad rash from the wood, and now i'm worried she might try to chew on the wood and get sick :( :( :( :(

CutsieCavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I have contacted the neighbours, and they are okay with us camping out ther 'till we can coax her out. However, they cant do much either. I have also set up a water bottle and pellets as well out there. @BaconAndEggs

JojosMa

Cavy Gazer
Can you set up some sort of live trap, baited with food, to lure her when she gets hungry? All the commotion around the shed may keep her quite immobile in fear for a while. If she absolutely won't come out with a stick or into the live trap, you might need to get an unpleasant scent to shoo her out, worst case scenario. Really hope you guys will have some luck!

JojosMa

Cavy Gazer
If the neighbours give AC permission, they /should/ be able to help, I'd think? Not sure if they're used to catching such small guys though!!

CutsieCavies

Cavy Slave
Can you set up some sort of live trap, baited with food, to lure her when she gets hungry? All the commotion around the shed may keep her quite immobile in fear for a while. If she absolutely won't come out with a stick or into the live trap, you might need to get an unpleasant scent to shoo her out, worst case scenario. Really hope you guys will have some luck!

Ps. For future refrences, what are some smellies that piggies dont like?

pinky

Cavy Slave
If you have a pigloo, place it right in front of the shed with some veggies in it. When a guinea pig considers a pigloo a safe spot, it will probably run in there if it's scared. If she runs in, block the opening with your hand and stick your hand in to grab her from underneath, lifting her up with a pigloo. Have a box or laundry basket handy to put her and the pigloo into.

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
I would take some time to stay near by and set up your playpen out and set it near the opening, add the other pig in the play pen with veggie and things and on both sides of the play pet add a covered area or a pigaloo that is near the playpen so if the pig comes out it will feel safe near their friend. See if that works, and try to be quiet to hope everything turns out ok. Good luck to you and your pig.

Mary Hallock

Cavy Slave
Oh my! Sounds like me and mine. I took mama and three baby boys outside, thinking they'd all stay together. Mama took off for the woods! Captured her and the babies followed :). I'd say camp right by where she went in and don't leave. I used the extra storage cubes to make an outside pen. Maybe you can do that and put your other Piggie in it. Get some romaine lettuce, since it's a crispy sounding veggie, and get the Piggie to make their happy sounds or whatever you do to make them wheek. Since they are herd animals. Good luck dear!

JojosMa

Cavy Gazer
Ps. For future refrences, what are some smellies that piggies dont like?
Not 100% sure what would work specifically for piggies, and would use the scent repellent as an /absolute/ last resort...as most strong smelling things aren't exactly healthy. Probably the usual repellents for mice and rats will work....cotton balls soaked in strong essential oils, ammonia, moth balls. Just truly not healthy to inhale....I would only use as last ditch effort. ..better than pig starving? Try the trap, pig loo or playpen ideas first, 100% and be patient!!

CutsieCavies

Cavy Slave
Punkie got out!!! We finally managed to get her out, and when I grabbed her, she gave me a grumpy growl, and she's giving me and her sister the silent treatment. She's such an abby. But, she's back n her cage all bathed munching on some pellets. Thanks all for your help! <3

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
Congratulations!!! How did you manage to get her out?

CutsieCavies

Cavy Slave
I brought her food bag out and made some ruslting noises, and my mum cuddled Pig when she came out for the food and her sister I picked her up. We were out there for a while though, but we got her!!!

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
Yay! Glad to hear she is safe! I would have been PANICKING!

Mary Hallock

Cavy Slave
Wonderful! I know mine comes to the sound of food! Especially romaine lettuce or the hay bag lol So glad you have her now!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.