Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New in town :)

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! Just wanted to take a minute and introduce my family and I! My name is Michele and my hubby and I have a 5 year old son and three little piggies-two girls and a boy. In all honesty, I never expected that these guys would be as much fun as they are! We just love then to pieces! We got our first guinea pig in the worst possible way, I'll admit that, but please don't judge! About 6-7 months ago, I took my son to the pet store to get him a fish or two, and we left with a guinea pig instead. Yes, it was a selfish decision at that moment, but I am so glad we got her! She became part of our family immediately! We built her a big C&C cage that weekend and added a friend for her the next week through adoption! We had our two girls, who we named Biggum (first piggie) and Small Small (adopted piggie), and we were happy as ever! Biggum is an American Guinea Pig, she was very skittish and afraid of everything, but came our of her shell pretty quickly. She is the dominant one of our clan, not in a mean way, but she's definitely the boss! It works well though, because Small Small is very passive and has no interest in being in charge, she's content to just run and play. Small Small is an Abyssinian Guinea Pig and her personality fits her wild hair perfectly! She's full of energy and is a delight to watch! They run and play and popcorn all the time! They're best friends for life :) We added our boy pig about two months ago and it was not planned at all! I went to the pet store for some pig food and bedding for their kitchen, when I found this little guy. He was in a small aquarium, no hidey house, hardly any bedding and no toys or anything! I felt so bad for him, he was in the "bird room" all by himself, having to listen to those birds squawking 24/7. I couldn't leave him there, so I bought him and brought him home. He fit in perfectly with our girls and everyone gets along great! He lives next door to the girls, being separated by the squares of the cage, but they still talk and put their noses together, and they all play together under close supervision during floor time. Our little piggie family is now complete since we have Boy Pig, and we couldn't be happier! I'm so excited to be part of this awesome community, I can't wait to get to know everyone! :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
Welcome, @Mknight622! Have you considered having your male neutered so he could live with the girls? He'd probably be a lot happier.... We'd love to see photos of your babies.

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the welcome! I will definitely post pictures once I figure out how... Lol
We have discussed having our male neutered, but we want to make sure we find a reputable vet who has performed successful surgeries on guinea pigs in the past. We also want to better educate ourselves on the safety of this procedure and how to help him recover the best we can. We just love our piggies and want them to be happy and healthy :)

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the welcome! I will definitely post pictures once I figure out how... Lol
We have discussed having our male neutered, but we want to make sure we find a reputable vet who has performed successful surgeries on guinea pigs in the past. We also want to better educate ourselves on the safety of this procedure and how to help him recover the best we can. We just love our piggies and want them to be happy and healthy :)

143sheri

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the family Mknight622!!

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Thank you 143sheri! :)

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Hiya @Mknight622! Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing pigtures of your fur babies!

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Hi @LoveMyHerd! Thank you for the welcome! I have to figure out how to load pictures, I just downloaded tapatalk though, so hopefully I can get it figured out now! :)

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
To upload a picture:
Click on the small box above your typing square. I believe it has a tree in it. Then click "select files". Go to the folder "This PC" and find the exact image(s) you want. It's pretty simple. If it's not working, PM one of the administrators, and they should be able to help you.:)

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Thank you! Sorry I'm just now getting back to you, I was getting my son ready for bed ;)

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
This is my little Small Small <3

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
And this is my Biggum <3

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Boy Pig is being stubborn tonight so I'll post one of him tomorrow ;)

143sheri

Cavy Slave
O...M.....G!!!! Those are the cutest little things ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep trying to get my pics on but for some reason they are sideways so I just keep giving up...lol

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
Thank you!! I love them!!! :)

Mknight622

Cavy Slave
I had a hard time getting pics on too, are you using the tapatalk app?

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi there and welcome to the forum! Your piggies are adorable!

mom4ruby

Cavy Slave
Beautiful piggers, can't wait to see your boy, and what's his name again? Also, no judgement from us as we also built our family via local pet store, things just happen. Gus, our sole little guy, was also in a similar situation and my heart screamed to save him! (Turns out, he saved us...) and the rest is history!
Not sure if anyone's suggested this yet or not, but you may want to be sure your little guy can't escape to get at those lovely girls he's living a stones throw from... Is his half of the C&C covered? Might be worth some investigating! WELCOME, you're gonna LOVE it here! (Gus certainly does!!)

143sheri

Cavy Slave
I had a hard time getting pics on too, are you using the tapatalk app?

No...took with my phone..then emailed to my self...they are sideways...used photo app to turn them..but they are still coming out turned, even after cropping :(

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your piggies are super cute!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.