Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Black spots on skin?

bree_

Cavy Gazer
Hi, so I got my guinea pig, Jason about two months ago. He had mites when we got him so we took him to the vet and he was treated. I was petting him today and noticed he has black dots clustered on his skin on the bald spot behind his ear. It's not bugs, the dots are on the skin it's not bumpy or anything just dots on the skin. He doesn't appear to be itchy or in pain even when the area is touched. Just wondering what's going on, we don't have the money to take him to the vet unless it is absolutely needed. Thank you so much!

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Is the black dot raised at all compared to the skin around it? Could it be its just his skin coloring?

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Can you post a picture?

bree_

Cavy Gazer
I texted a picture to my vet and she said its nothing to worry about just some oil build up and that all he needs is a bath :) thank you so much for answering

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I wouldn't give him a bath.

If it's actually oil buildup you should be able to gently wipe it off with some coconut oil.

Are you sure it's not his skin coloring?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.