Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Problem with Pooping?

CavyLover00

Cavy Slave
So recently i have noticed that my guinea pig has been pooping an awful lot, like its not too soft or hard, but she's going to the bathroom every few minutes, which isn't normal for her.

I also cleaned her cage just a few minutes ago, and i noticed that when i was cleaning her "potty corner" (where she uses the bathroom) that there was a very horrible smell. Upon further investigation, it was her poop, and it was burning the inside of my nostrils. Which, once again, is not normal for her. Her poop didn't have that smell, in fact her poop didn't smell nearly at all.

Should i be concerned? Is this something to go to the vet about? I'm really worried about her.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Sorry I can't help, but "bump!"

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
I would say if it's not soft or hard, I wouldn't be worried but I'm not sure.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
You can try not giving her veggies for a day and see if that makes any difference. I will note that when Penny had the clostidium GI infection her poop smelled pretty bad, but she also had almost diharria so if it gets worse she needs to be seen by the vet and have her poop tested.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.