Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Introducing Trixie to Ferb & Penny

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
If you want to have her spayed that's entirely up to you, but if she's really only a few months old, she probably doesn't have a cyst. In the absence of any other symptoms, I'd watch and wait before doing invasive surgery. But, if you wanted to spay her anyway, it is a valid choice.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Agreed @pigmommy89 and @spy9doc , Trixie is on wait and see with a 2nd opinion at Stahl Exotics in a month.

At this point I'm really curious about the cost of a gp spay since the price they told me is over $500!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Introducing Trixie to Ferb & Penny

Oh the drama!!! Trixie is in heat and their cage is a rolling drama of squabbling and mounting.

Trixie keeps running Ferb (who is neutered) around the cage and rumbling at him and trying to mount him. He does mount Penny and Trixie for dominance sometimes but this doesn't seem to be satisfying Trixie when he does.

Trixie is leaving Penny alone, for the most part, Penny is a lot bigger and just runs Trixie off or pees in her face.

I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't making so much noise. They woke me up twice overnight and I was working from home today and it was distracting.

How long do they stay in heat?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No more than two days.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I find that in heat behaviours only last for one day in my group of 4 sows. After a day all returns to normal until the next one starts up the drama!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It only lasted a day with my first two sows, but I've got the queen of PMS pigs now, and it's nearly two full days with her.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the feedback! It lasted a day, whew, back to normal and no drama now!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.