Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Is this as bad as it looks?

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
I have to stop looking at this site. This lady has an ad saying she has 20 pigs to sell! I asked this lady (acting like I'm interested) why she has so many and she said b/c her husband kept 2 males and 2 females together and both got pregnant! Really?
https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/4378385/guinea-pigs

So between 2 females she ended up with 20 pups? That's gotta be some kind of record. At least in one go anyway. You'd think if it was accidentally she'd have learned her lesson the first time.

richguinea

Cavy Slave
Looks like the person is putting the guinea pig in a choke hold....

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Also after that did you asked her if the males and females were now separated? And that baby females can get pregnant at 4 weeks (I don't know how old they are) so if she doesn't separate she's only going to end up with more babies.

Oh... Or was she trying to get babies? :(
I sure did. I told her I was interested in one or two but was concerned that I would find out they're pregnant weeks later. I warned her they can get pregnant very very young so I needed to know if they were now separated. She never responded.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Check out the conversation I had with this person. I'm just beside myself. Is this a kid? I mean, how stupid! How does she know they aren't?

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1413343781048.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1413343806268.jpg

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
D: Tell her the father will get the babies pregnant!! They don't know or care if they are family or not, they are animals!!!

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
First she says they are brother and sister... Then she says they are both girls? What?

tammy.travers2

Cavy Gazer
Someone should take that ginn pig away from that person

AddysPiggies

Cavy Slave
She's a kid I can tell cuz I'm one too!:D lol I'm 12 so she sounds like she's 11 or 12

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Normally I don't flag/report posts because I want the piggie to have a chance someone could take it but because the picture almost looks abusive and so harsh I think I should??

bubbagump

Cavy Slave
I did as soon as I saw the post. She needs to know she is not handling these guinea pigs appropriately at all. How can you still house the mom and dad together after that? And along with the babies! What?!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I love OfferUp. I post some of the rescue pigs on there sometimes, but I make sure they realize I'm a rescue. I hate it that the site allows selling of animals. It's a relatively new site, and is growing by leaps and bounds. I wonder if we give them feedback about the dangers of having animals sales they might prohibit it?

Whenever I find ads that are objectionable, I try a friendly, helpful approach. Sometimes people are just ignorant, and welcome a little education. Other times they are jerks.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Whenever I find ads that are objectionable, I try a friendly, helpful approach. Sometimes people are just ignorant, and welcome a little education. Other times they are jerks.

I do the same thing on craigslist and Instagram. (When I see pictures of piggies in pet store cages.) I downloaded offer up so I can do it there too. I find about half the people just flat out don't care but the way I see it is at least not everybody doesn't care and if just some people will listen then that makes it worth it. :)

Thank you @blessedmom for trying to spread a little awareness. :)

KaLeigh

Cavy Slave
Oh no :( there are several and they are near me...

dianna.jones

Cavy Slave
Poor things. My 2 y/o grand daughter knows better then to pick mine up that way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.