Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior New behaviors and questions

Nickthestick

Cavy Slave
So over the past two or three days my piggy which is now 6-7 months old has started running him butt across my rug and biting at the wall during free time. Should i be worried by this new behavior and how do I stop it

He may also just be scent marking. They can flip their anal sac open and drag it on the ground, which is marking behavior.

Don't let him eat wallpaper. The glue on the back of it can really gum up the digestive works.

He may also just be scent marking. They can flip their anal sac open and drag it on the ground, which is marking behavior.

Don't let him eat wallpaper. The glue on the back of it can really gum up the digestive works.

There isnt any wall paper in my house its just paint and wood. But like i said he just started chewing on the wall and door stop the last couple days

Then get grids and chain them together with zip-ties and make a corral. You shouldn't let him chew that stuff.

As soon as he starts i stop him so he only gets maybe one bite or less

Do your parents really want rodent tooth marks on the doors and walls in their house?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.