Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Many? Possibly adopting a Texel

This is probably at about 8 weeks... AND I am fairly certain he is a Texel mix.

Possibly adopting a Texel

Last edited:
This is the best picture I could get...he is so tough to photograph!! :) But SO handsome!! Yes, I am biased.

View attachment 29673

OMG this is one of the cutest little guinea pigs I have ever seen!! He's so FLUFFY!!! (Despicable me lol) If I knew where you lived and could drive there I would probably pignap him!!

So cute ^__^

I really hope Curly's hair grows out a bit. I'll probably end up cutting it before it gets very long anyway.

So cute ^__^

I really hope Curly's hair grows out a bit. I'll probably end up cutting it before it gets very long anyway.

Thanks! Yes, not only will bathing be easier but he also doesn't make me as hot holding him now with less hair...something I didn't think about and it's great :)

I'm not too worried about that...I like the look of a long-haired texel, but I would probably let it grow once and then trim it and keep it at a more practical length.

I let Curly sit in my lap for about half an hour today, she handled it fairly well. She stayed still for most of it while I petted her, but occasionally she would take off and sprint up my chest, and I barely managed to catch her at my shoulder. She didn't poop or pee, though, which is better than the first day we had her...in about 5 minutes of holding, she managed to launch probably a dozen poops...yes, launch, as in, poop projectiles moving in a parabolic trajectory from her butt. I'd never seen Quee or Kwee do that. lol

She still breaks out into random wheeking at seemingly nothing, though. It's so cute...her ears flap backwards every time.

@Mastershroom: I'd love to know how on earth she launched her poos!!

And when guinea pig ears flap backwards as they wheek - that is one of the most adorable things ever! I love it!!

@Mastershroom : I'd love to know how on earth she launched her poos!!

And when guinea pig ears flap backwards as they wheek - that is one of the most adorable things ever! I love it!!
If I had any idea, I'd let you know. lol I'm currently holding her on my chest here at the computer, and she just started wheeking in my face...I'll go deaf if this keeps up. ;)

Managed to get a couple of photos while she's here.

She really is adorable!! Maybe you should invest in some ear plugs?? :p

Nah, I play drums...the damage to my hearing has already been done for years. ;)

Curly handles people being in her face a lot better then Kwee ever did. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.