Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm on a new device

She seems like such a baby! I just can't believe that she's having babies. So should I get her a female friend? When my husband comes home tomorrow????

Can you take a top view of her? Just take a birds eye view of her while she's eating, no need to pick her up ^^

My perfect little baby

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1414561915175.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414561934592.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414561956357.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414561978159.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414561996598.jpg
She looks fine to me, but I've never had a pregy piggy, so I'd have the more experienced put their word in

I put my step daughter Bella (my youngest is Bella to). She seems to love the pink snuggie! So be it! I've cut it up for my baby!!!

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1414562817564.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414562844905.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414562863642.jpg
My Minnie is just ABSOLUTELY perfect!! You can't convince me of any other PERFECT guinea pig than my Minnie!!!!

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1414564125595.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414564140007.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414564151895.jpg
I walk in and say in a high pitch "Minnie Minnie Minnie"! And she responds! She even notices when I put hay, lettuce, carrots (which you have to cut into small pieces) my Minnie requires real affection

Can she eat apples?

@minniesmom Yes but not often as they are high in sugar. Never let her have the seeds. Also I might be wrong but is that iceberg lettuce? If so it's not the best to give to piggies as it has no nutritional value. Green, red or butter leaf lettuce are good lettuces. :)

Look, I am doing the best I can. I have a daughter named Bella. As well as a step daughter named Isabella, who prefers Bella. And we are family now!

Can I give her apples

Yes you can give her a couple pieces of apple but only about once/twice a week because they are very high in sugar.

She looks very cozy on her pink fleece blanket! :) I absolutely adore her coloration!

My Minnie and I need help! I'm in a very abusive relationship and I don't want to lose my baby.

I just wanted to give you a few tips regarding Minnies fresh food diets,
If you've been feeding her iceberg lettuce, you should stop right away. It's far too high in water content and can cause stomach problems. Try red leaf or green leaf as a safe alternative :)

Secondly, earlier on in the thread you mentioned that she liked cabbage, which unfortunately shouldn't be fed very often at all. It's a gassy vegetable (along with sprouts, broccoli etc) and can cause guinea pig bloat, which can be quite serious. You mentioned she's developed a stomach, and if you've been feeding her gassy vegetables that may be bloat. If you tap on it, does it feel hollow? If so, you can give her half a childs dose of infant simethicone, and if you have an electric toothbrush (or anything else that gently vibrates like a phone or neck massager etc) put it under a pillow with her on top of the pillow, that should relieve the gas a little.

I hope you don't think we're criticising your ownership abilities, you clearly love Minnie very much (One of my girls is named Minnie too, by the way!) and have obviously just been led astray regarding diet and housing by pet stores, who really don't have the animals best interests at heart.

My Minnie and I need help! I'm in a very abusive relationship and I don't want to lose my baby.

Abusive, as in your boyfriend is abusing you? Do you have any family or friends you can move in with?

Sorry I didn't get to respond, my phone got broke. No I don't have either!

Well my situation and Minnies is different, we got kicked out and had to go on the road with my boyfriend. Minnie has adjusted well. She also has not been appearing like she's getting pregnant fat (relief)!!! And I have taught her how to come in and out of her cage! Yaaaaayyyyyy! She also noticed and now responds LOUDLY anytime she hears any sort of bag! I've encouraged her to! She's getting more vocal since she's older now. And has grown so much in the month and a half almost 2 months I've had her. This is when I first got her...

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1415743512472.jpeg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.