Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi, I'm Iggy~

iggy

Cavy Slave
And these are my piggies! (L-R Cally, Raspy, and Dazzy)

A year ago, I was thrust into guinea pig ownership when Dazzy arrived, wandering around loose outside! Then, I got Raspy from my local vet, as I was advised that guinea pigs do better in pairs. Finally, Cally was dumped in a carrier outside during the night, and I took her in. My piggies are free roaming during the day, but they're locked up in their cage at night so they don't get accidentally stepped on by any clumsy humans trying to get a midnight snack.
Hi, I'm Iggy~

Their favorite thing to do is sleep on the futon! They all want to sleep on it at the same time, but they do not want to share. Yes, they have multiple futons. No, they do not want to sleep in multiple futons, they only want this one.
Hi, I'm Iggy~
Hi, I'm Iggy~

Their least favorite accessory is the cuddle cup. I don't think they understand how it works :unsure:
Hi, I'm Iggy~
Hi, I'm Iggy~
Hi, I'm Iggy~

I think they like this one, but they refuse to use it as intended.
Hi, I'm Iggy~
Hi, I'm Iggy~

For now, I don't have any solid plans to add to my little herd of 3, but I do want to have a larger herd in the future, and maybe add a husboar that the girls could share. I look forward to learning about guinea pigs and looking at pictures of them with all of you <3

Welcome to the forum! Your little ladies are absolutely adorable and just looking at them I can tell they have some big personalities!

Cute piggies!

If you're new to pigs, you need to know that any future husband should be neutered. The breed is susceptible to several genetic diseases that can cause disfigurement, blindness, and/or lifelong pain. Guinea pig pregnancies are very hard on the sow and the pups, and the death rate is high. Also, a sow that is over nine months old should never be allowed to breed for the first time, as the pelvic ligaments start stiffening then, making delivery even more hazardous. And since you don't know the age of these pigs, it's something you definitely shouldn't risk.

For sure, good clarification! No accidental or intentional breeding in this house. Right now 3 is a good number especially with the amount of poop they generate o_O

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.