Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Do Your Pigs Have Any Odd Behaviors....

MooMoosMomma

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering, because I read somewhere that they poop where they eat ... but my gp doesn't eat in the "basement" and that's where most of his BMs take place. Lovely picture, eh? Anyone else's pig have a similar behavior or any other little quirks they'd like to share?;)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Nala grunts at people when they run out of food. Pumpkin loves to snuggle. They both sleep on things, never in... Crazy pigs.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
Two of mine poop where they sleep. The third goes into somebody else's hidey to poop. All three of my girls stand against the cage grids when they hear me coming with veggies.

SimbaDC650

Cavy Slave
new cage they seem to poop in the kitchen or right out side of it.. im debating on moving the kitchen .. to where they seem to poop more in the corner.

jilly22

Cavy Slave
Mine do the same thing. lol both poop where they sleep, and my older girl..munch...she will stand against the grid when she wants food or attention. If the salad plate is empty she will go to the grid and wheek until we fix the "problem" :D

Two of mine poop where they sleep. The third goes into somebody else's hidey to poop. All three of my girls stand against the cage grids when they hear me coming with veggies.

MizzyMiz

Cavy Slave
I know a lot of pigs knock over their food dishes... but my pig Sugar ... she nudges her dish to the front of the cage... and MAKES SURE she doesn't spill it in her cage.. but all over the floor outside of it. I come back downstairs after feeding her and the food dish is leaning against the side and there is a splash pattern of pellets all over the floor... :/ that piggie

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
that sounds really funny, I have seen alot people on here saying that and youtube piggies doing it mine never do,
they just wheek really loud and starts to do what i call rodeo piggy popcorns running around in any direction and popcorning

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Chirpa rolls in one of my moms jackets, it has super soft fluffy stuff inside, he loves it (i assume) :p

MizzyMiz

Cavy Slave
Chirpa rolls in one of my moms jackets, it has super soft fluffy stuff inside, he loves it (i assume) :p

So cute, and ohmygoodness I LOVE that name!! Chirpa is so adorable :3

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Haha thanks! @MizzyMiz

He's named after Chief Chirpa of the Ewoks in star wars! Also, coincidentally, he chirps :D

NJPKL

Cavy Slave
My piggies seem to be OBSESSED with these soft red throws we have on our couch. No matter how soft and fuzzy I make their play area, they always find a way to burrow in the blankets. <3

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
My girls poo in their hideys and the hay area. When it's mealtime they wheek & run to & fro, push themselves against the bars where Tilly opens&shuts her mouth while waving one paw in the air. Holly tried to popcorn in her hidey last night after clean-up time & knocked her head on the 'ceiling'. Not hurt but gave herself a fright! Wouldn't go near her hidey and slept in the spare one. Back to normal this morning.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
My pigs poop everywhere and anywhere. Penelope seems to mostly keep hers confined to one area. They rearrange their living quarters to their liking and flip their pigloo over.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Tigger takes interest in eating my hair, and she loves to lick your face. Adi likes to chew on zippers and burrow between your chest and sweatshirt when you hold her.

Mowgs

Cavy Slave
Before I moved his bowl, my piggy Mowgli would push his food bowl from what I was considering the "kitchen" on the loft down the ramp. It would fall off the ramp about halfway and spill everywhere. Now it's on the bottom floor so he can't tip it over.

He's also a huge burrower when traveling.

My other piggy, Solstice, I haven't really had long enough to figure out anything odd for her. She does a tiny wheek when she popcorns but that's about it.

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
@NJPKL - Whoa! Wait a minute. Did you move? When did that happen? I totally missed waving at you. Oh, man. :sad:

Anywhoo, back to the thread - In general, I think it's really weird that gpigs pee/poop where they eat/sleep. I just don't get that.

As for my own gpigs specifically - if Layla is excited and wants something from us, she'll stretch all they way up the point that she almost falls backwards. (We don't encourage it, but every once in awhile it'll happen).

Bella will popcorn when I talk babytalk to her (can't stand for me to pick her up and hold her though - go figure).

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Caramel has found a way into the hay sack, I've even lifted it a bit higher but afraid if I go any higher Cocoa won't be able to get any hay

Do Your Pigs Have Any Odd Behaviors....

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Before I made my girls a kitchen loft I fed them their veggies at one end of the cage and to get to that end I would have to move the door which squeaks. Now every time they hear a squeaky door they start wheeking for veggies! LOL When they know I'm getting the veggies Sookie will come to the side of the cage and stand up and put her front feet on the grids, Pinky starts walking around and rumbling for some reason.

cassielfsw

Cavy Slave
Ezri likes to poop right NEXT to the litter box. :p

Both of them like to lick my husband's fingers, but not mine. I guess I'm not tasty. :(

They both seem to be TERRIFIED of any kind of stuffed animal. We've put stuffed animals (different ones, so it's not just one that they don't like) in their cage a few times to see what they would do, and every time they will come and sniff it and then BOLT in the other direction. Anyone else's pigs do this?

CharScoobJoey

Cavy Slave
Scooby and Charlie tip igloos and knock down water bottles. Joey flings his lettuce across the cage, sometimes making it over the bars. :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.