Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos A Very Merry Pigmas!

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I have posted fun photo shoots of my pigs before and it is time for another one! I set up a Christmas backdrop on a chair and decided it was time to take pigtures of my ladies. Here are Margaret, Gretchen, Penelope and Olive getting into the Christmas spirit!

I am especially thankful this holiday season as I was faced with bladder stones and ovarian cysts earlier this year with Margaret and I wasn't sure if she was going to make it through everything but I am pleased to say she is happy, healthy and fully enjoying her piggy life!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

Penelope and Olive's photos turned out with them looking camera shy so I will probably try again to take some more with veggies this time so they look more enthusiastic!

Just to reassure everyone too, they were very closely supervised with the ribbon and trees so that nothing was nibbled. The snowflakes on the ground are made of paper so even though they tried to grab a few, no harm was done!

I just have to throw in a few pictures of my cats too! As soon as the pigs were back in their cages they had to come exploring and I was able to snap a few really cute shots of them :)

A Very Merry Pigmas!
Here is Jace, a 4.5 year old grey and white tabby. She hopped up on her own and sat down just like this, it was a perfect opportunity for a great shot!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

These top two are Opal (Grey tabby) and Roger (Brown tabby). They are a mother son duo and are extremely friendly! After my brother found Opal and her 3 kittens abandoned on a bike trail in the summer and my family was then able to foster them for a cat rescue before they were ready for adoption. The other two kittens were adopted together into an amazing home and we made the decision to adopt Opal and Roger. They are the friendliest cats ever and we are looking to spoiling them during the holidays!

Myself and my small zoo of animals want to wish you guys, all your families and pets a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season!

Feel free to share holiday themed pictures of your pets! :D

Too cute! Love all of the pictures. Your animals are adorable :)

Merry Pigmas! Your pets are all gorgeous.

You cats are so cute! The piggies too but the tabbies...awe.
Now how in the world do you get the piggies to stay still? Mine will never just sit there.

What beautiful photos! All of your animals are very photogenic, not to mention gorgeous. Thanks very much, and Merry Christmas to you too!

@lunarminx It honestly just takes a ton for patience for these photos and pure luck. When I was doing this photo shoot I took over 400 pictures and out of all of those I ended up with only 36 nice pictures.

It also involves me making a bunch of silly noises at them to get their attention. Sometimes scratching the side of the camera with my finger nail works or I learned this time that the pigs were super interested in feather wand cat toys! So i dangled that just over the camera and snapped away.

There are so many random little things to try but pet photography can be very difficult if your subjects don't feel like behaving! I have barely any pictures of my dog when he is awake because he is always moving and everything I take is blurry, but I have tons of pictures of him sleeping :p

Awww so cute. And the cats were a nice touch lol

OMG I love Roger's face! I always draw cats with a nose like his! Lol I love cats.

Merry Christmas everybody! @sallyvh, your pets are so cute! I'm going to have to do a Christmas photo shoot! Here's one called "O Come Let Us Adore Him."A Very Merry Pigmas!

They are so photogenic .... could be on a calendar!! Great photos!!

Ha, they'd probably think He was some sort of unknown veggie!

those are absolutely adorable picks love the kitty cats!!!!

Adorable! What kind of camera do you have?

@Kelsie Thanks! Nope, I'm not a professional photographer!

I just love taking pictures. Growing up I had a traditional point and shoot digital camera but this summer I decided to indulge and buy myself a DSLR. I bought a very beginner camera as I am definitely just a hobby photographer but I still wanted detailed shots.

All of my pictures are taken on a Canon T5 on either my 18-55mm IS lens or my 40mm lens.

I actually mostly use my camera for nature and wildlife, I live in an area with fabulous forest trails and I have a Jack Russell who loves to go out on walks with me so we spend a lot of time outside!

Pets are definitely my second passion to photograph, I have countless pictures of my pigs and cats. I'm just lucky they're all so cute on their own! I also have a ton of rat pictures as my roommate has 4 girls.

Thanks for the compliments though!

Now that I've brought up rats I need to share a couple pictures of them too. Over this past semester I have taken a bunch of pictures of my roommates rats and for christmas I bought a really nice multiple photo frame and filled it with pictures to give to her as a gift! (They are still Christmas related! :p)

A Very Merry Pigmas!

A Very Merry Pigmas!

Merry Pigmas everyone! All of the pictures are awesome. I may try and photograph Ferb & Penny again but they really don't stay still.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.