Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New in town :)

I am so sorry about the loss of your Biggum. I hope the beautiful babies will bring you some comfort.

Thank you @janinehunt, they definitely do. Watching Small Small and her babies run and play and popcorn all over the place make all of us smile ♥

And @joys_cavies, I'm so sorry for your loss of Noel and Buddy, sending ((hugs)) your way sweetie. As hard as it was to lose them, you have to remember all the good times you had together. I know they had great lives with you and that you loved them with all of your heart. You gave them the best family they could've ever wanted, just like you are doing for Mocha now. You have such a big heart, I remember you told me that you are only 12, but you make a huge difference in the lives of the animals you meet, keep that up little lady! The world needs more people like you! ♥

And @joys_cavies, I'm so sorry for your loss of Noel and Buddy, sending ((hugs)) your way sweetie. As hard as it was to lose them, you have to remember all the good times you had together. I know they had great lives with you and that you loved them with all of your heart. You gave them the best family they could've ever wanted, just like you are doing for Mocha now. You have such a big heart, I remember you told me that you are only 12, but you make a huge difference in the lives of the animals you meet, keep that up little lady! The world needs more people like you! ♥
Thank you! That means so much to me! I truly do try my best to educate people. And I do remember the good times I had with both of them. I hope you start to feel better. I was crying remembering them and you made me smile! So thank you! [emoji4]

You're very welcome darlin! :)
And thank you for the kind words too, I feel a little better already ♥

Yayyyyy. Tell your piggies I say hi! 💕💕💕

On a more positive note, how about a few pics of cuteness overload?!

This is Small Small and one of her girls we've temporarily been calling Rudy. We call her that because she has a white spot on her nose kind of like how Rudolph had a red nose...

This is Small Small and one of her other girls (right after being born) we've been calling Lieutenant Dan. My hubby started calling her that because he thought her hind legs didn't work at first, even though I assured him it would take longer than 2 minutes after birth for her to get up and walk. Yes, he got it from Forrest Gump lol

And this is the culprit behind all these cute babies, Boy Pig. He's such a lover too, he is happy to sit in our lap and have a snack or just snuggle and share some cuddles with us.

They say "wheek wheek!"
Translation: "hi to you too @joys_cavies, do we get a treat now?!"

And by the way, please don't mind the cage. They normally have fleece bedding, but I bought wood shavings and put it in before she had her babies. I knew delivery was approaching so I was expecting a big mess and I thought this would be easier to clean than the fleece. Turns out, there was hardly any mess at all! But I figured I might as well use up the rest of it since I bought it, I think I have enough to do one last cage change and then it's back to my beloved fleece!

Awww. I'm giving my girls huge playtime and even my shy girl Emmy is running all over the place. The babies are so cute! Mocha turns 7 weeks tomorrow. How old are yours

They are all so sweet! Thanks for the pics!

Thank you both so much!! They were born last Monday about 2 pm, so they just turned 1 week old today :) and I am telling you, they are SO much fun!! I seriously can't get enough of them!!

They are. While I was giving my girls playtime I was sitting next to the pen and Mocha cane up and actually pulled herself up to the pen and tried to get to me. I put my hand in and hoped right up lol

Aww!! Mine hardly ever do that! She must really trust you! :) Small Small will act like she wants picked up sometimes, but as soon as I start to scoop her up, it's like she changes her mind. And the babies are too small to know to run from us, they're too worried about playing to think about anything that might be considered "dangerous" to a guinea pig. Like us giant humans lol

I'm hoping that since they've been handled since day one they won't get as skittish as they all seem to do. I don't know though. I'm not sure if that natural instinct to run is something that can be avoided... My guess is no, but we'll see :)

It's Natura instinct to run. I think Mocha trusts me cause the ride home was like an hour and I was the first thing she saw and I taught her how to use the bottle and held her and talked to her and showed her food wasn't dangerous and was there everytime she started crying. I also helped her when she was choking cause she couldn't eat her so I mashed it for her

Aww see you're her mama :)
I know their instinct is to run away, but I'm hoping that since they've been handled since day one they won't be quite as skittish...

Aww see you're her mama :)
I know their instinct is to run away, but I'm hoping that since they've been handled since day one they won't be quite as skittish...
Yep lol. Yeah maybe not.

Boy Pig having a snack while lounging in his new fleece tunnel I made for him :)

Wee Pig snuggled up in her new tunnel. She's getting so big, but she still looks so tiny compared to how big Boy Pig looks in the same size tunnel! Love them! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.