Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to this board

joanna1029

Cavy Gazer
hi everyone! I'm new to owning piggies. I just adopted an 8 month old and a 4month old last Friday. They are father and son. black and white. I'm not sure about their names yet. the previous owners said they didn't have enough time to spend with them. I'm working on taming them. the oldest is getting better but the young one is still very skittish. I'm reading all the tips I can find on the internet. any tips are helpful. also any tips on cute names......

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You should post a picture of them then I can help you more with names :)

Talking to them, singing to them are a great way to start taming. I would let them settle in for a day or two. Then start petting them and hand feeding them. The best way to a guinea pigs heart is food :).

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. You'll find the best information on the 'net here and at Guinea Lynx (primarily medical over there). Read the main pages of this site, the stickies at the tops of the important forums, and www.cavyspirit.com. Then post back if you've got other questions.

MamaFurry

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I have a 4mo old who is very skittish when I hold her but I found she calms down a bit when I actually leave the room. She tries to squirm and jump out of my hands when she can see her cage. Even just turning my back so she an't see it helps.

I've only had mine for 3 weeks so I'm going to try quite time when everyone is in bed and it's calm around here. I also use a baby carrot while holding her. Good luck. We would love to see pictures.

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Welcome! This forum is perfect for any questions and tips you have/need!

Try hand feeding and talking to him! Also, when you walk near the cage make noises and, when you find out what to name them, call them by their names so they know it's you!

Hope this helps! Love to see some pigtures!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! I had a black and white piggie named Domino when I was a kid. Other names that are common for b&w piggies are Panda and Oreo.

joanna1029

Cavy Gazer
thank you for all the replies. I am trying to upload pics from my phone. still learning to navigate the board lol.

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
welcome to guineapigscages.
hope you like it here. and find your time on here helpful.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.