Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hey! i'm new (:

caitlinbenosky

Cavy Slave
my name's caitlin. i have two piggies, both almost a year. pooh & piglet. i'm not sure their breed. they're awesome.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

I love this site, it's so helpful! I am sure you'll love it too.

Do you have some photos of your guinea pigs? I would love to see! Any cage pigs? I could look at cage pictures for ever because everyone gets so creative with theirs!

Why don't you tell us a little about your and your piggies??

:]

caitlinbenosky

Cavy Slave
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

I love this site, it's so helpful! I am sure you'll love it too.

Do you have some photos of your guinea pigs? I would love to see! Any cage pigs? I could look at cage pictures for ever because everyone gets so creative with theirs!

Why don't you tell us a little about your and your piggies??

:]
10155024_10202650730288092_1554604194_n.jpgnate finch.png
these are pretty much the only pictures i have of them!
791611019306C.jpg
that's my cage. the pigs love it. they're always popcorning haha. not too creative, it pretty much looks exactly like this (with bedding inside, and bells and such hanging on the bars lol)

getting my first piggie was definitely an impulse decision. my friend posted on facebook that she had a 3 week old she couldn't keep. he was her only male and didn't want to house him separately from his momma and sister. so i got him, fell in love with having guinea pigs. a little while later, i went and got another. they pretty much got along right off the bat. the first night was a little iffy, but i never had to separate them, and they're always cuddling. i don't really know what else to say >.>

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Awww, they are too cute! The one looks kind of what a triple stacked oreo would be like bit with peanut butter, lol. They are very adorable!

caitlinbenosky

Cavy Slave
Awww, they are too cute! The one looks kind of what a triple stacked oreo would be like bit with peanut butter, lol. They are very adorable!
haha thank you so much!

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
Very cute! A couple of things to get you started with your new pigs:

*Almost all of us made this mistake, but that cage is too small for them. C&C or Midwest are the only cages big enough, especially that you have two males. When materials are available and money is good, make sure to get the proper sized cage. (even with regular floor time, those cages are too tiny.)
*Make sure the pigs get proper diet: Veggies, Unlimited hay, and high quality pellets. Oxbow makes great pellets and hay, and so does KMS Hayloft. (online store).
*Make sure the pigs are both males. You can determine gender by reading this helpful guide by Guinea Lynx: https://www.guinealynx.info/sexing.html

Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you. Have fun, and hope you enjoy our community.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
If you need any tips on making a cage for under 25 bucks let me know!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You definitely need to build a bigger cage. Almost all store bought cages are way to small for piggies. Even the largest cage you can find is to small. Midwest cages and c&c cages are the better option. The main page shows you how to make a c&c cage and show the size requirements. Males of course need more space like a 2x5 or bigger. This site is just filled with all sort of information.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum! Your piggies are very cute and I love their names!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.