Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm new here!

Pico911

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have two piggies Tweek and Onyx. We live in Baltimore, MD. I am also looking to take in another female piggie but I haven't had any luck in Baltimore. If there is anyone here from Baltimore, MD It would be great if I can find a female piggie that needs a new home. I would give pics of my babies once I learn how to add pics.I may need help on that!

@Pico911 try www.mgpr.org
Also someone in B'more had 2 female babies on guinea pig zone recently (but they may already be adopted).

Welcome to the forum, we'd love to see pictures of your piggies!

Welcome, Pico!
I'm in Columbia. I am not sure about females, but the Howard County shelter has two boars (last I checked). Also are you familiar with Small Angels? It's a small pet rescue in Frederick. They sometimes have piggies, though I'm not sure what they have right now.
There were a few piggies on CL in the area when I was looking a few weeks ago. I ended up taking one from the HoCo shelter myself. I have boars though. :)

@melynda & @Pico911 we're all Maryland neighbors, I live in Germantown!

Also, the Montgomery County shelter has piggies for adoption.

@Rywen - I have friends in Germantown so I'm there a lot. My girlfriend just moved to Silver Spring but she lived in Gaithersburg before that. :)

Thanks, Rywen There are just 2 problems. I can't get there and I kind of want another breed other than a smooth silky.

Being as though I have i have no way out of Baltimore, I have to find a closer place. My roommate cares for the my piggies also and has had a bad experiance with a short hair that was not properly care for by the previous owner and wants a different breed. Thanks for all of the responses. I have looked at all sites they are just too far for me.

Seeing as you can't get out of Baltimore, that makes it more difficult. I live in Virginia and have family in Maryland but I'm not completely familiar with the area.

Other than a short hair, the only other one I found on the website I'm currently on is in Potomac. She's an abby I think

I found a female on craiglist that needs to be rehomed. In Baltimore. She isnt a short hair and shes really cute. $50 comes with cage, sleeping house, water bottle, and food bowl

My friend was looking somewhere recently and found a bunch of piggies but I can't remember where I'll have to ask her. She's in Overlea.
Where in the city are you. Pico? My business partner lives in Hamilton.

I live in Baltimore, MD. I have no car so we would have to make a plan. does she have pics.

Overlea and Hamilton are neighborhoods of Baltimore. :). Both are in the northern part of the city towards the county line.

I myself live in Columbia, which is south of the city, about a fifteen/twenty minute drive from downtown.

I would like to know if she still has them.

Oh, she didn't have them, she was looking at some place nearby that did, a shelter I believe but I can't remember which. I texted her earlier and asked, haven't heard back yet but I will let you know, for sure!

hello and welcome

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.