Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopted pogs and new cage building!

Pogalogs

Cavy Slave
Hi! I have adopted some little girls (I think they are about a year old) from someone who was selling them on a Facebook buy and sell page, as their son had lost interest. Sigh. Anyway, I snapped them up and have been keeping their (far too small) cage open so they can wander about the corner alcove of the kitchen until we have done their new house. So the space we have to house their new home is quite long...2.25 m. I intend to have a double decker, or possibly a biggish loft bed/space for each pig at either end. So my question is (and bear in mind our house is not spacious so although i don't want the minimum space for them, we don't have the luxury of loads of space) ... How wide would it need to be for them to be happy? They will also have a nice spacious outdoor run where they can nibble the lawn on dry days. Thanks. Fwweeeep!

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Aw. Glad you saved them :) its sad when kids loose interest of their pets.

Pogalogs

Cavy Slave
Adopted pogs and new cage building!Jennifer on the left, Lucy on right. That's my son Willum.

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Aw, all three are cute :) do you know how old the pigs are?

Pogalogs

Cavy Slave
I think they are about a year old. They've been living in a 40cm by 60 cm box for a year :-(
so, if they have a cage length of 2.25 metres, and I made it 0.5 m wide, this gives them 13 sq ft, or 1.25 sq m But is it wide enough do you think?

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Those are adorable piggies, they both have crazy cute fur. 0.5m width probably isn't wide enough for the cage.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'd say no less than .61m

Pogalogs

Cavy Slave
Ok thanks. I'm glad I asked. No less than .61 cm My hubby is a cabinet maker, so these piggies are getting a custom made home. Does anyone know where I can buy those grids separately in the uk please? It's going to be wood on three sides and grids on the front, open on the top.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
(broken link removed) This is the cheapest I've seen grids over here @Pogalogs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.