Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heyyy. New here! :)

Allyx3

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm Ally, and I have one guinea pig named Samoa. I got her few weeks ago from someone on facebook who was giving her away for free with a cage and the works! In her previous home the daughter wasn't interested anymore and no one had barely handled her from my understanding in about a year. The mother finally decided to find her a different home and here I am! She's at least a year and a halfish old, cute as a button, but still pretty shy. I've been keeping my eye open to get a friend for her. She also seems to be a picky eater! I give her parsely, green leaf lettuce, and spinach everyday which she loves, and a little strawberry every once in a while but she wont try green pepper or red pepper or i tried a peice of tomato, she doesnt even seem to like carrots or celery!

Anyway, any advice about anything or questions would be awesome! :) Heyyy. New here! :)

natsmom26

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
She is adorable! Mine are kind of finicky, too. I just remember the pediatrician telling me to keep offering foods to my toddler, and she may change her mind. It worked with my toddler and getting my piggies to eat green peppers. LOL

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
Yup. Keep offering. My piggerts hadn't ever had any veg when i got them and by week three they were eating lettuce leaf, carrot, cilantro, tomato, apple, zucchini, cucumber...still won't eat pepper but i will get them to eat that too, darnit!!

adorable piggy!

failur3byh3art

Cavy Slave
Welcome! And she's so cute c:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.