Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Member!

JennasPigs

Cavy Slave
Hi there! My name is Jenna. And this is how the pig obsession started. In 2008 I got two pigs from Petco (rookie mistake) Rachael- a tricolored Peruvian mix and Monica -an abyssinian mix. Named after the two characters off Friends of course. They were first kept in a small petstore cage but after research they soon moved into a 2 by 5 C&C cage. They were such great friends. Always doing zoomies and popcorns around the cage- there isn't a better sight then a couple of happy pigs. Right before Christmas Rachael died from a sudden unstoppable heart attack. That was the worst thing I have ever experienced. I immediately removed Monica and made a 2 by 3 cage to go right in the living room so she could get more interaction. I knew I wouldn't be getting anymore pigs.Monica was already 4, and a baby would outlive her. Then I would have to get a friend for the baby. Would the cycle of pigs ever stop? Monica would have to be by herself for the rest of her life, the cycle had to stop someday. That's what I thought until I found a pig in a rubber maid container. So adorable. Why would someone do that? I took it to the vet. Turned out to be a female whose four years old. After living with me for a three weeks she is in great health! Very friendly and is the loudest and the most friendly pig I have ever met. Her name is now Marmalade. Reminds me so much of the pig I lost. And she's Monica's age. I introduced them and they are doing great! They meet at floor time daily. I will build a cage and post it when I'm done :) Here are the two buddies. Marmalade is on left and Monica is one the right.

Attachments

image.jpg
Welcome! Wow they look like mirror images of each other cept in different colors! Dare I ask, but where did you find the rubber maid container? Definitely fate brought those two gals together!

Aah, it was in a very small town beside the road. Breaks my heart :(

How did you know to stop and look to see if there was an animal in it???

We were driving around and saw an orange blob in the container. No lid, could have easily been taken by a predator. I am always on the look out for "treasure" and after convincing the driver to pull over my instincts were proven correct. Very shocking.

Wow what an amazing story! Your piggies are too cute

Gosh that gives me chills...I always get anxious when I drive and see some plastic bag or something near the road...I'm always wondering what could be in it. Good for you for stopping! The poor thing must have been terrified!!!! heartbreaking...

Glad you found her! I once found three abandoned puppies in the garbage can of my work. It was 90 degrees outside at 8 AM! Glad I found them when I did, it got up to 115 that day. I took them home and had to give subcus and handfeed the poor things. So frail and so weak! But like Marmalade, they prevailed!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.