Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Looking to build or buy a cage

chrisshane09

Cavy Slave
So, I recently got Lenny my male pig. It wasn't planned, so I am becoming aa quick study.
I learned that his cage is way too small. (Petco) and am looking to build or buy a cage for him (and his future buddy) So I want it big enough for 2.

At first I thought it was a bit crazy, but I like the idea of having a spacious home for them.
Love the idea of the loft (Maybe use it as the kitchen) I was looking at the cages on this site but I don't know what people think about them.

I'm using regular white bedding, I know people have their own opinions about bedding, but I haven't established one quite yet.

Anyway, I have no building skills whatsoever, so if you guys could give me some ideas maybe.

I am very rambely today.

NormaS

Cavy Slave
These cages are great. They are easy to build and to keep. Also you can be very creative with the expansions. I got my original one from this site but I'm planning an expansion and got my grids at Kmart and will look up the coroplast for the base at a sign shop or Home Depot. For bedding I'm using fleece on top of Uhaul pads with a coroplast insert (fleece flippers). I love them. In the kitchen area I use Care Fresh. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your pig. And post pictures. We love them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.