Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Mo is finally getting tamed

David Fiorini

Cavy Slave
Ever since the passing of Bobo, I've been spending more time with Mo. Mo was the special one that HATED being picked up, always ran away when I tried to pet him, no matter how slow I moved my hand, and very rarely ever ate a carrot out of my hand. Lately, I've been being patient with him, using another apparatus to pick him up and lay down with him on my bed, just to get on his level and get him comfortable. He doesn't run away and lets me pet him...with caution.

Tonight, I came home from work and greeted Mo with my usual baby tone. Mo walked out of his pigloo in the middle of his palace and looked straight up at me. With my happy reaction, I greeted him with a pet on the head and I slowly picked him up. He didn't fret, fight, or whine. As he laid on my chest, he chutted contently as I petted him.

Wow, what a turn around.

taylorcha4

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Im sorry to hear about your passing but that is wonderful. SO happy for you!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
That's great!

However, you can't be a replacement for a lost companion. Are you intending to find him a buddy?

David Fiorini

Cavy Slave
Thanks you two.

Yes I am planning on getting him a buddy (or two). My only concern is where to get them and when. I made a topic a little while back on where to find some shelters or adoptions around my area without going to Petco for them. My problem is, Petco is the only area I can get them. Also when I quarantine them, they are going to, unfortunately, be in the basement (which stays cool) for the temporary allotted time.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
the little comforts after a sad situation :) good luck on finding some adoptable piggies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.