Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey I'm new here!

Splattard

Cavy Slave
Hi hi!

New to this amazing site, I thought I'd start posting and join your lovely community :)

My fiance and I own two lovely sows by the name of Bram and Sandy :)

The black and ginger guinea pig is named Bram (like Stoker) and the brown and white piggie is Sandy :)

I've owned guinea pigs for about 6 years, my previous guinea pigs died due to illness and old age (as we adopted 2 who quite well on in the past).
My fiance had never owned guinea pigs before, he was more a cat man, but when my last guinea pig (Mocha RIP) was the last guinea pig standing, we took him in to our flat and gave his life, spoiling him constantly until he died of a UTI :( My fiance fell in love with Mocha, and we were so heartbroken that we decided to buy pets for the first time.

We live in a flat, so pets aren't usually allowed, but our Landlord is a guinea pig owner as well so he said it was ok! Never owned pets just by ourselves before as we used to live with family and mums and dads would usually do the bulk of the cleaning and we do the cuddling and the loving :p

But since having Bram and Sandy I could not see myself having any other form of pet, they are so friendly, and bursting with personality :)

Hey I'm new here!
Mocha RIP

Hey I'm new here!

Hey I'm new here!

Hey I'm new here!

Hey I'm new here!

I hope to really get on with all of you here! x

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your girls are adorable!:D

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum! It's great to see a person from the UK. I love the photos!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Too cute! Welcome to the forum!

MrsSuzy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Yay, welcome!! They are sooo adorable. My (now) husband was never a pet person but now he also loves our piggie girls :)

Piggypogs

Cavy Slave
So cute :) guinea pigs are actually not very hard to care for. When I got mine a few years ago (I was ten maybe) my parents were simply there to make sure that the pigs got what they need. I had to do nearly everything (well, I still do everything). Welcome to the forum!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Those are the absolute sweetest faces!

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Good to see a fellow Brit! :cheerful: Your pigs (past and present) look adorable!

AlphaLyrae

Cavy Slave
They are so cute!!!!! Welcome to the board. Look forward to getting to know you and your piggies!

Razzle

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Great information here. Your piggies are adorable. Love the pictures.

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Your pair do look a little mine.
Bram looks like Mocha but with a different pattern, and Sandy has the same pattern as Moo.
Also, welcome to the forum :)

Hey I'm new here!

Splattard

Cavy Slave
Wow guys and girls! That's some overwhelming response just there, thank you so much :) It's so nice to meet other guinea pig owners :) And yes I can see the resemblence to Mocha and Moo!

Funnily enough my two girls looks like my two guys Steve and Mocha. Except they've swapped hair around, so Sandy has Mocha's colouring but Steve's flat hair, and Bram has Steve's colouring but Mocha's fuzzy rosettes :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.