Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adding mesh to cage sides

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Could I get some plastic mesh and put it over the outside of the cage? I was thinking it would keep babies from climbing out when they are born and keep the bedding in better. I can't really think of any possible problems that might have if I attached it in several places so the babies couldn't get between the grids and mesh. Anyone else see a problem?

What kind of plastic mesh? I just used cardboard when my pups were tiny. Then it was easily removed. I had put it on the inside between the coro and the grids.

But I don't want to remove it... I want to keep the bedding in as well. Mesh grids aren't sold nearby and since my cage is already built are 1" shorter than my current grids. I'll have to look around for plastic mesh. I know it's used in fish tanks to grow mosses on. I also need some for that purpose.

If it will work and the pigs can't chew through it, then I don't see a problem with using it to babyproof your cages.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.