Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm new to this site, but not to guinea pigs!

lexilustew

Cavy Slave
I am new to this forum, but I am not new to guinea pigs. In fact, I have had cavies for the majority of my life. However, almost 7 years ago, my living situation changed and I was unable to have guinea pigs. But, I am moving to my own apartment in the next week and am planning on adopting a pair of cavies as soon as I am settled. Thus, while looking on the internet, I came across this website. And, I am so thrilled that I did!

I guess I should tell you a bit about myself:

My name is Lexi and I am (gasp!) 30 years old. Actually, today is my birthday and I am leaving my 20's behind for the excitement and wonder that these next years are bound to bring. I live in the great state of Ohio and work in a veterinary clinic. Fortunately, my job has allowed to me to get my piggie fix during the time I have been without cavies of my own. I love working in a veterinary hospital and I couldn't dream of doing anything else with my life - animals and veterinary medicine are my passion. Speaking of animals, I have one small dog, a toy fox terrier, named Madeline. She is the love of my life. And, she, too, loves guinea pigs (she has been able to visit with friends of mine who have pigs of their own and she has always been fascinated by them). In the coming years, I am looking to return to school to become a veterinarian, but, in the meantime, I have done quite a bit of rescue and animal welfare work. My life is dedicated to the well-being of animals and I am so excited to be able to adopt a pair of guinea pigs in the near future.

I have already done a lot of prep work for my new cavies. I have a very large C&C cage that is ready to move as soon as I am. It is 13 square feet and will be a terrific home for two piggies. I purchased the materials years ago, but never had the opportunity to use them until now. I have also recently purchased fleece as well as other necessary items to ensure that their home is as comfortable as my new home will be for me. Thankfully, I have access to wonderful veterinarians as well as the necessary first aid items for guinea pigs. In short, I am ready to adopt! I move a week from tomorrow and I am already looking for the right pair of guinea pigs to call my own. And, once things are settled, I plan on bringing them home and providing the best life possible for them. I truly am filled with joy and anticipation!

In a nutshell, that is me. I look forward to being a valued member of this site and I hope to be able to provide insight and support wherever possible. It has been far too long for me not to have pigs in my life. So, I am looking forward to what these next few weeks will bring. And, in the meantime, I can't wait to meet everyone (and their cavies!) here while getting accustomed to my new home away from home!

angk101

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pictures after you adopt! Good luck! I'm sure your future pig(s) will be thrilled to have such a luxurious home!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.