Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

trista81

Cavy Slave
Hi just found this site and figured i'd sign up, alot of good info on here, i really like it! Anyways my name is Trista, my piggies name is Gloria, hopefully soon she'll have a cage mate!:) I never personally thought that i'd be into guinea pigs, but when i saw her i fell in love and now i'm addicted, i rescued her from a shelter, and now she's very spoiled! Planning on making her a c&c cage very soon, i've been looking around getting alot of ideas, and of course i want it to be safe! Anyways hello, and thanks for reading!

new member:love:

CavyLover1234

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!
Gloria is a very cute skinny pig. :)

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hello and what a cute girl! So glad you found us! Looking forward to sharing.

vania

Cavy Slave
Welcome! What a cute pig!

TigerLily

Cavy Slave
Oh sweet, you got a skinny pig!!!! Thats sooo cool. When you get her a cage mate will it be another skinny pig ? Just curious, you don't usually see those guys. I worked at a pet store when I was a kid and that was the only time I ever saw one. I worked there for a while before the skinny pig came to the store and we only had one in, and when we finally sold her the owner never ordered another because it took so long to sell the first one.

TigerLily

Cavy Slave
OH yeah, and you definately have to pose her in really cute sceens and backgrounds and put her in photo contests just because she's a skinny pig.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Wow, its unusual to find a skinny at a rescue. You are very lucky and now so is she for adopting her new piggy slave (you) :)

AngelaCurran

Cavy Slave
Hello! Welcome to the site :) I'm new too, and you're right there are so many awesome ideas here! Btw, your piggy is positively adorable :)

Have a great day!

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Welcome Trista :)
Oh, she's adorable! Well done on adopting Gloria.

trista81

Cavy Slave
thank yo guys all so much for the welcome comments! Yes i'm very lucky to have found her, i didn't even know that skinny pigs excisted until i saw her, never thought i'd be a Guinea pig person, but i'm addicted, lol, they're great and have the biggest personalities, i would love to get another skinny cage mate for her but if not no big deal, i put an add on craigslist that i was looking for another one and i got a response, so i ended up with another skinny (male), so of course i couldn't pass him up....well almost 200$ later he's here....had to go buy him a cage and everything sense he can't be put in with gloria.....so now i need cage mates for both!....omg! so here's a pic of melman.:love: the hairy pig in the back ground is his my friends male guinea....they had a play date!

trista81

Cavy Slave
OH yeah, and you definately have to pose her in really cute sceens and backgrounds and put her in photo contests just because she's a skinny pig.

that is a good idea!!! where would i find out how to put her in contests???

TigerLily

Cavy Slave
I would google it or if you happen to buy those animal magizines at the pet smart or pet co of course the guinea pig one they have one special for evey small aniamal but they charge like 7 or 8 bucks for one. I use to buy the ferret magizine when I was a kid and had Pooky and Sugar Puff. They use to have different photo contests to put your pets in by magizine and other organizations I believe (it been a while). My cousin resuces rabbits and is now up to 18 bunnies and she takes pictures of them and enters them in photo contests and has gotten them in calanders. She is charged a small enetry fee but its like 2-5 dollars depending which organization she is entering them with, if its more its not by much and then the money goes to help rabbits in need.

Kids Piggies

Cavy Slave
Your skinny pigs are adorable. :) I have one now and I am considering getting another one to keep Buddy company

BedfordCavies

Cavy Slave
Welcome! They are both adorable!

cibrown

Cavy Slave
We have a total of 5 skinny pigs. I think they are adorable but my husband doesn't think so. We rescued a male and a female and they weren't kept separately. The girls never got very big and are so fun to watch pop corning around.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Wow, what a cutie! Skinny pigs are adorable!
I don't want to be thr bad guy here, but you keeping her in a Hutch? It is not recommended housing because they are almost always too small, the wood may ruin from urine and guinea pigs need to live indoors. As long as the hutch is at least 7.5sq ft (preferably larger) and it can be moved indoors then your pigs will be fine. :)

Also please don't pay pet stores like Petco and PetSmart to enter their competitions asyou will be putting monry into a horrible cause. Pet Stores and Guinea Pigs

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.