Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not quite so new...

riizu

Cavy Slave
But I never did introduce myself. I'm Elizabeth. When I signed up I had only one guinea pig, Bean, who passed away last week (she was 7). Shortly after adopting her we got Mocha who passed away in the fall (he was 5). Now we have buttercup until we find another piggy to adopt. She lives in a 2x4 cage in the livingroom and despite her fear of all the things, endures daily cuddles.

Welcome! I am sorry for the passing of your 2 girls. It is nice you still have Buttercup. It will be nice when you find a friend for her. Thank you for adopting.
We love pictures. Would love to see a picture of Buttercup. Looking forward to sharing with you.

Well here's a picture of Bean
Not quite so new...

Didn't mean to hit send so quick. That was a few months before she died. This is mocha. He was a neutered male that we adopted thinking he was a girl. Couldnt bring myself to give him up. this was shortly before we switched to fleece.
Not quite so new...

And here's out current lonesome Buttercup who will hopefully have a companion soon. Not quite so new...

She's a beauty. Thanks for sharing and welcome.

She's so pretty. She looks like a sweetie. I have a question. How do you fill your hayrack? I never saw one like that before, and I like it. i need to re-design my hayracks. Right now I have bins that I put the hay in, but it gets spread all over the floor, and then they won't eat it. :sad:

RIP Bean and Mocha. I'm very sorry for your loss. They lived to good ripe ages!

Buttercup is gorgeous :) I love her colour.

She's so pretty. She looks like a sweetie. I have a question. How do you fill your hayrack? I never saw one like that before, and I like it. i need to re-design my hayracks. Right now I have bins that I put the hay in, but it gets spread all over the floor, and then they won't eat it. :sad:

I love my hay rack. I bent a grid in half, then zip tied cut pieces of coroplast to the sides I prevent them climbing in. Then I zip tied the bottom of the whole thing to a piece of coroplast to keep hay from making a mess outside the cage. The clasp at the top is part of an old keychain that had a caribeaner on it.

I believe I mentioned a few days ago that we were looking to adopt a new piggy to keep Buttercup company.

Well, we went to the humane society today and fell in love with a pair of sisters. I couldn't bring myself to separate them, so we took both of them home. Our first impression is that they are inquisitive, used to each other, and chatty! The first thing they did when they got in the new cage (Buttercup is quarantined in the office for a few weeks) was to explore and set new ground rules.

Let me introduce Inigo
Not quite so new...

and Fezzik
Not quite so new...

Your pigs are adorable! sorry for the passing of your 2 piggies. RIP

I'd hate to be the one who killed Inigo's father.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.