Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Around Here!

Tangled

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

I just joined the site today. At this point, I don't have any guinea pigs, but I've wanted one for a long time and recently set out to adopt.

I didn't realize they did better in pairs, so I was initially looking for just one, but as blind luck would have it, I'm talking to a lady who is looking to find her daughter's two pigs a new and better home.
I have never owned one, and figured the more research I did before they got here the better, so here I am!

Welcome to the forum!

Hey! Welcome...it can be lots of fun and support! First things, check out the section on cages and diet. You need to know those things right away!

Thanks for the suggestions! I've already been checking out cages; These two that I'm hoping to adopt would come with a little cage from the pet shop, and I'd started making plans for a bigger one as soon as I saw it. I'm going to check out the diet part next!

Hello and welcome! Thanks for doing your research before you adopt! You will have to share pigtures once you get them!

Hello and welcome! Thanks for doing your research before you adopt! You will have to share pigtures once you get them!
I could not have said it better. Cage building can be so exciting.

I love posting pic... er, pigspam,so that will not be a problem at all! lol

And yes, I am a huge fan of research before getting a new pet instead of 'trial and error'. My boyfriend and I are also into fish, and have two large fishtanks that are now gorgeous and filled with healthy fish, but we lost quite a few in the beginning from sheer ignorance about their care. I refuse to make that same mistake twice; I still feel bad over our first fishies... :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.