Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Greetings from the Midwest US

lipo2006

Cavy Slave
Hello! I just posted in another part of the forum, but then I saw that I could also introduce myself here too. I don't yet have a guinea pig but am potentially looking to adopt relatively soon. Even though I've had them before, it's been a little while, so I figured I could learn a bit before I jump in.

Anyone have favorite books/sites to recommend?

Trega

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum Lipo :) A lot of really good information that you will need is on this site and also https://www.guinealynx.com which is a really great site if you have medical issues with your pig. I would recommend you peruse the topics on both sites and get a good idea of how to prepare for adopting a guinea pig so you aren't overwhelmed.

Again, welcome to the forum!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Read the information on the Home page of this site, and at Guinea Pig Education, Care, Rescue and Adoption at Cavy Spirit. Also the "read me" sticky on the Diet and Nutrition forum here.

I'm glad you're considering adoption -- there are thousands of cute guinea pigs out there who have been surrendered for whatever reasons who need good homes. When you start looking, if you'll post the name of the city you live closest to, we'll help you look for one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.