Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the Site!

AdelineC

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone!

Well, I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now, checking out everyone's cages and learning about guinea pigs. A few days ago, I got up my courage to create a user account and here I am today actually posting!

I've actually just put together my first C&C Cage and am looking into adopting a needy little pig! My husband actually suggested I look into the care of a guinea pig before we actually adopted one. I came across this website, and am I ever glad that I did! I had no idea about the store bought cages or that some of the bedding was poisonous to them. I also would have never thought in a million years about putting fleece down in the cages! You people are simply so creative and amazing.

I look forward to becoming better acquainted with you all! :)

lovemyguineas

Cavy Slave
Hello and Welcome to this amazing site! I have learned a lot from it also. Glad you did the research before getting you piggy. Can't wait to see pictures of your cage and you piggy (when you get he/she). Good luck.:)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. There are several guinea pig rescues up and down the east coast, and I'm sure you can find a pig there. Look over at Guinea Lynx at the Rescues menu and you can find the ones near you.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! I too am very happy that you are doing your research before adopting! It makes things so much easier! Looking forward to seeing pics of your pig(s) when you adopt! :)

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I am quite sure there are many rescues in your area..... but if not, do consider a trip to Vermont where the Turtle Hill Sanctuary is full to capacity. Babies, adults, long and short haired, neutered males - lots of pigs of all kinds !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.