Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning About to be a first time piggie owner

MomOv4InTX

Cavy Slave
The kids have been begging and begging and dad finally gave in. I was ready a long time ago, lol. We have found these guys (broken link removed) and will be going to pick them up tomorrow. Looks like they have a good start on a cage, but I do plan on expanding (quite a bit actually).
What I was looking for is a 'beginners start here' thread. I'm sure there is one around here somewhere, so if someone could just point me in that direction that would be great. I'm needing advice on best flooring and cage cleaning methods/frequency etc. Hubbies biggest fight was 'they stink' which I know isn't the case if they are cared for properly. Yes, they will be the kids pigs, but I will be supervising and likely doing a lot of 'white glove' checking to make sure things are kept as clean as possible.
Advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Well start on this page and work your way down the links on the left. Then when all of that is read then come back here and start reading all the stickies (perminant threads at the top of each section). Take notes because it is a lot of info!!!

Coroplast is what you want for the bottom part of the cage.

(broken link removed) Here is the forum on bedding. Most here prefer fleece and the fleece study has all the info you need...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.