Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggies

deluna

Cavy Slave
So a few days ago my first guinea pig passed, I've been very upset over it since. I loved Stormy very much, so I wasn't ready for a new one.
My mom decided to surprise me with two new babies, they're adorable and I want to welcome them openly. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm happy with them...I just miss Stormy so much. It's hard to look at them and not be sad. I'm hoping this will change, I want to be a good mommy to these piggies, I have no plans in abandoning them. I know Stormy would want me to treat them the way I did him, with love and compassion. It's just going to take time.

They are very sweet and timid though :) (still nervous from the move)
Sam and Frodo:

GuineaLove

Cavy Slave
They are adorable!

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new babies!

GotPigs?

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to hear about Stormy :( Congrats on the new babies!

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Hello deluna ! :)

Your new babies are just beautiful ! Oh, and the blue eyes on your white multi-colored one, are just so awesome ! My family and I loved the "Lord of the Rings" series. I am assuming that they are both boys since you named them Sam and Frodo ?

May I tell you about a few things ? I don't know if you have had a chance yet, to look around on the forum here for important information or not, with all that you have gone through with the passing of your dear sweet Stormy. What an awesome Mom, to get these two precious little ones for you ! I know you said that you are still grieving, but I just want to tell you a few very important things right away, o.k. ?

1. Make sure that both piggies are of the same sex, very very important. You don't not want to end up with babies. If you are unsure how to do this, guinealynx.com is a medical information site that we all love and rely on. On this site is a "sexing page" which depicts great graphics and the "how to's" on determining the sex of your piggies.

2. Check out the veggie chart and sample daily menu on here that Ly&Pigs has set up for all of us. She gives a really good list on all the veggies that are needed for a proper healthy diet, as well as those that we need to use sparingly, if at all.

3. I was just wondering. Is that a log tunnel that they are snuggling so cutely in ? For many if not all, logs purchased in pet stores are really bad for piggies. They are made mostly from sugar, which of course is very bad for them. The log just looked like maybe they have already had a few nibbles on it. Just for you information, that's all.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message, O.K. ? ❤️

Hope I helped a little !

Last edited:

Supermissdeedee

Cavy Slave
Ahh good luck with the new pigs! They look so cuddly! Im sorry about stormy, the pain will go away with the new pigs, trust me!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Awww what adorable babies!! More pictures please! Love the names too.

deluna

Cavy Slave
Sorry, I'm just now seeing these posts .
Thankyou all for the support! I'm happy to open my home to these pigs, so far they're both spoiled rotten.

kathlaaron, thankyou for the tips...I've been watching them closely, they are both boys (I just checked using the site) and they're loving the veggie/fruit diet (compared to the "food" they got in the pet store) they're favorite is timothy hay of course lol. The log is made of honey and grain, so it's pretty sugary. I bought it for my first piggy, Stormy, he preferred his carrots to the log and barely noticed it or even used it...these two chew it occasionally, I've managed to keep stock of the healthy food so they're not so tempted.

I've had these two piggies for almost a month and they've grown so much already. I still miss my little Poopsie (one of my many nicknames for Stormy, most having to do with poop) but I know if he were here, he'd be happy to have the new play mates :)

Oh CavyMama, I will be posting tons of pictures soon hopefully! These two are hard to capture! I love the names too :) they fit perfectly ha

I just fed them a handful of orange slices and carrots, they're popcorning around on my bed as I type!

Gpauly24

Cavy Slave
haha they are cute... I had a dog named Frodo from Lord Of The Rings but he got ran over, then we got another dog and named him Sam from LOTR. Thats funny. Time heals, best of luck.

deluna

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. That is ironic lol. Thankyou, you too :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.