Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cubes to Cavy ratios needed

C

codyandme

Cubes to Cavy ratios needed

I have one guinea pig now. He lives in a C&C 2x3 grid cage now. It seems plenty big for him, but if I decide to add more piggies, how many cubes should I add? Please tell me what the ratio is for up to 4 piggies. Thank you!

*reyanna*

Attachments

Screen shot 2013-04-20 at 7.05.44 PM.jpg
Re: Cubes to Cavy ratios needed

Reyana, this info is from the front page of the Cavycages website. They suggest 2x3 grids for 1 pig, 2x4 for 2, 2x5 for 3 and 2x6 for 4. I gotta tell ya, I am going broke buying Carefresh bedding for the bottom of my 2x5 grid cage. I have 4 females in there. Good luck. Jody

Attachments

IMG_20130515_172740.jpg
Bedding

Jody,

Thank you so much... for some reason, I didn't see the numbers on the cavycages homepage. Oh well. As for bedding, I use towels because it's so much cheaper! However, my Cody is litter box trained so that helps a lot. The only shavings I use is for the litter box, and I buy that in bulk to save money. I can clean the towels once a week, and I'm fine. The towels I find at Target for $1.66 a piece so I have like 10 of them. I also love using fleece blankets. The ones that Walmart and Target sell for $10 are perfect size! And at this discount store, I found the same towels for $5! I have a few of those, but my husband likes to cuddle in those himself so doesn't like it very much if I use them for Cody. :) hee hee. Thanks again, and good luck!

*reyanna*

Attachments

IMG_20130515_172638.jpg IMG_20130515_172727.jpg
Re: Bedding

I use towels for my upper level. I would like to try to litter train them for the bottom, too. I would love to spend less money on litter! I have to say, I haven't figured out if they just go in one area or not. It seems spread around. I will have to work on it.
Thanks, Jody

Attachments

IMG_20130414_020428.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.