Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Cavy Mommy!

Jennalynn

Cavy Slave
Hello!

My name is Jenna, I'm recently married from Central California. In addition to my husband and myself, my family also includes a lazy Maine coon mix cat named Kitty, a spoiled and neurotic miniature dachshund named Juno, and most recently (just this Tuesday!) two adorable guinea pig girlies named Mochi and Poptart.

For months my husband and I have been considering guinea pigs as new companions. I found Guinea Pig Cages way back when I began researching. While I knew that we'd be excellent piggy parents, we thought it would be a good idea to wait until after the wedding, as much of our time and money was already allocated.

Finally I found a pair of peegs on Craigslist. A woman had purchased two females for her 7 year old daughter, put them both in a cage that was probably too small for a hamster, and then two weeks later decided that they would end up costing too much to keep. I was happy to rescue my little girls, and now they're living like princesses in a 2x4 C&C!

They were quite shy at first, but after they got a whiff of their hay and veggies they came out to play. It's already apparent that they have very different personalities, and it's so funny to watch. Last night they were chasing each other around the cage, popcorning the whole time, taking breaks only to nibble on their bell pepper! :D

This is a wonderful community, and I'm so glad that I found it before we rescued our girls. My husband and I both have spent many hours reading about our new piggies' requirements, and we know we'll be excellent piggy slaves thanks to you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.